Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Pasadena Wine Festival Worth The Price of Admission?



Despite the one free ticket I won thru Vinvillage and the second one I purchased, I can't tell you how horribly disappointed I was in the Pasadena Wine Festival.........




Starting with the price of parking.....yea...yea I know its the Arboretum and its beautiful, and once upon a time it was home to "Fantasy Island" " The Plane....The Plane"! Nothing could make of for the misleading advertising.


Along with the fabulous wines you were suppose to tasting, you could have samplings of food as well. The food sampling were 3 booths of cheese!! So I'm thinking ok, there must be food to purchase.


Sure there was food to purchase.....one food vendor! And the menu was, Tri tip sandwhich, some kind of sausage, garlic fries and a Caesar salad gone horribly wrong!


Coffee Bean was there giving out some of their yummy iced blends....yippie!! I'm excited now! Can't wait to turn the corner and taste some wines.


So with tasting card in hand, ready to take notes and take in the whole experience. Well.... experience this.....I was so hard pressed to fine a wine that had any kind of substance. Most were flat and bland. The servers either were rude or mispronounced half of the wines.


I did come across a pretty decant Temparnillo from Prestige, but certainly not worth the sticker price!

Yet I forged on....when I was continually approach by wine goers offering to give their tasting cards away, I new it was time to call it a night...but without taking these pictures. I wish it was only half as good as it looked.

Glad I paid to see
this!!! lol
Wow can't wait til next year!
Cheers!
Dale
Fine Wine On Line

No comments: